Is there support planned for .apk packages in the future? I would love the idea to switch from firefox to librewolf on my smartphone.

• Pherenike@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I use Mull too and it’s a fantastic browser. I believe there are no plans to release Librewolf on Android.

• Draconic NEO@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

Yeah, if only their dev made a fix to allow sideloading in mobile firefox (asked about it on the github and he refused). That’s one of the things I’d hope LibreWolf on android could do, just let me install a damn xpi file from internal storage already, I don’t want to be forced to use AMO and their stupid extension lists thing, just want to install any extension I choose, bugs be dammed, whether Mozilla approves it or not.

• Jomn@jlai.lu
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Fennec is pretty much the same as Firefox in terms of compatibility. Mull makes many more privacy related changes that may break some websites.

• Draconic NEO@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

I think it would be a very good idea, especially considering that Mozilla doesn’t allow sideloading xpi extensions without AMO on firefox mobile, which is very bad since it creates a walled garden like what’s on IOS.

Oh yeah also because it can prevent you from getting certain extensions if they aren’t availible from the store in your country, as pointed out in the Ublock origin issue here.