• TheRedPriest@rimworld.galleryOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

My first Anomaly run, a Void research group turned Void Cultists. Did all modless to get a feel for the new mechanics (and let the mods update). All in all I had a great time with this colony, and I eagerly await for mods to start using the anomaly systems

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Oh hard to pick. As far as entities to keep in containment: Flesh nucleus and Devourers. Free flesh and when Devourers escape i just send a ghoul in to get eaten while everyone else wails on them,

Lore-wise? Revenants. They are SUPER annoying to deal with tho.

• Fizz@lemmy.nz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Yeah I love the revenants. The first one I encountered got 4/8 ok my colonists before I tracked him down.

• Claus@wandering.shop
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

@TheRedPriest@rimworld.gallery Oh wow, I love everything about this base :-) The way that the rooms follow the mountains without being just a set of squares, the decorated entryways, and most of all the monolith that fell just in the middle of the ancient danger… How many years did this colony go for?

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Thank you! I try to follow the organic lines of mountains and rivers when I build, lends itself to a more…natural look. The colony went for 17 years, first doing the Anomaly “ending” and then the ship since it was a type of ending I had never done. And yea the monolith breaking through the roof of the ancient danger was a…surprise to be sure. Let me know they can kinda land just about anywhere.