It sounds dumb but my pick would be the SNES. There’s just something about 16 bit games I love.

The SNES has so many good games, like sf2. The first party games and some good arcade ports.

It also has a lot of good RPGs, like chrono trigger

The controller is really cute

Tho, the PSP is a close second. Tekken dr running at 3x resolution looks beautiful

Yes I’m a sucker for dpad centric devices. Yes i love emulation.

16 bit stuff looks amazing

• Soleil@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

You and I would have been enemies in the 16-bit era, but I adore the Sega Genesis. (However, I’m also a sleepy bisexual, so I’m gonna say we’re probably nowhere close to enemies.)

It was an arcade monster and got a ton of amazing games from the arcades and purpose-built for the machine — many the SNES also got, but some exclusives that really took advantage of what the Genesis could do well. I’d argue that the gritty FM sound chip was better for certain types of game music as well, though that’s not to say that the SNES wasn’t largely superior on that front.

At the end of the day… yeah 16 bit stuff looks amazing

• Megaman_EXE@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I have no idea if they hold up today, but I really enjoyed Zombies ate my neighbors, Mickey Mania, World of Illusion (another mickey mouse game), and Taz Mania.