• arche7ype@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Was playing the Yakuza games recently and was curious to the actual history of the organization. Learned some stuff about Japan in general along the way. Yikes. I wouldn’t say he is wrong on this one either.

• Riven@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

He’s definitely not. They’re something like 97 percent plus “pure” there. Also discriminating against foreigners is perfectly legal and common anywhere not in a tourist area.

• Corkyskog@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I seen some crazy videos on tiktok. Seems like certain younger Japanese play a harassment game trying to taunt foreigners to lay hands on them.

• Riven@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Yea cause the guvment is more likely to trust locals. That said, I spent a couple weeks there last year and it was great. I’m definitely going back in the near future.

• Mirshe@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

They actually touch on this in Like A Dragon. One of your party members is a Korean Mafia member, who specifically fell in with the Korean Mafia because Koreans were (and generally still are) completely unable to attain citizenship - even if their family was transported to Japan against their will during WWII.