I’ve tried googling, nothing I’m finding is working.

I updated qBittorrent, updated Python, tried deleting the engine folder files and restarting. Everytime I try to add new search files from here it says not supported.

I try clicking check for updates and a bunch of popups appear saying “Couldn’t install “(search plugin name)” search engine plugin. Plugin is not supported.”

The execution log says both “not supported” and “plugin outdated, updating to version x.xxx

I’m at a loss here.

• Markoff@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

no such problem for me, are you sure you are pasting correct URL and use newest qbit from official site https://www.qbittorrent.org ?

btw you don’t really need anything else besides 1337x (2.0), Solidtorrents (2.1, aka bitsearch.to) and YTS (4.3) plugins

tell me exact plugin which doesnt work

• burnedoutfordfiesta@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Had this issue last night. Make sure you’re not renaming the .py files. If that doesn’t work, update qBittorrent to the latest version, uninstall Python (and delete all folders associated with it in both Program Files and AppData), and reinstall Python, being sure to check the box that gives it access to Path.

• electriccars@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Okay, so I for sure am running the latest qBittorrent (4.5.4), and I uninstalled Python and reinstalled it (3.11.4 amd64) making sure that access to Path was checked this time. Rebooted and it still isn’t working for me. :-\ I updated the OP with a screenshot of what I’m seeing.

• burnedoutfordfiesta@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Hmm… Unfortunately, I can’t think of much else to try. Just to be sure, you’re right-clicking and saving as the .py files to your computer and then importing them into qBittorrent, right? I tried using the links and they didn’t work for me, either.