• Kedly@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

It was so skippable I never even knew there was an option to link to a PS Account, which I dont have because my last PlayStation was the PS2

• Saik0@lemmy.saik0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Yeah… I have someone in another lemmy thread telling me that it was on the steam page, it was in the EULA/TOS, and it told you in the game.

Meanwhile, I checked the EULA/TOS today and it says nothing… And for the in game banner I saw “Sony Account” and closed the popup. It did nothing and didn’t say anything about that being a temporary choice to skip a login. So that leaves JUST the banner… On steam’s page. So no agreement with Sony at all to participate. Nor evidence of Sony themselves notifying anyone of this being a requirement.

• Kedly@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Its in the side panel tucked away, you know, the area usually delegated to unimportant credits level info, and not in the sales pitch area. I had a younger friend respond to this news “Shows how many people cant read” Like what? You’re gonna defend a corporation being scummy because TECHNICALLY if you hyper scan the info you got a HINT that something might be required?