I am in the process of setting up a home server, and I am struggling to decide. I have previously used yunohost but in the meantime, freedom box has matured quite a bit. I have also looked at Tipi.

The use case right now is, running a wireguard server and probably some notes of sorts (to be decided). A web GUI for management and updating would be much desired.

Disclaimer: I don’t have too much surplus of energy, due to a hectic life, so I would prefer something easy and without the requirement of docker/kubernettes

I will run on a Gigabyte Brix with:

• AMD Ryzen 4300U (4 core)
  • 16 maybe 32 GB RAM
  • 512GB SSD

I am open to other suggestions.

P.S. I apologise if this has been debated before, but I have not really found anything.

Thank you in advance

EDIT: I have read your recommendations and arguments, and it is noted, I am watching docker tutorials now :)

• hedgehog@ttrpg.network
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I haven’t personally used any of these, but looking them over, Tipi looks the most encouraging to me, followed by Yunohost, based largely on the variety of apps available but also because it looks like Tipi lets you customize the configuration much more. Freedom Box doesn’t seem to list the apps in their catalog at all and their site seems basically useless, so I ruled it out on that basis alone.

• Antaeus@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Thank you for your input. I have eliminated Yunohost and Freedombox and will see if Tipi and “normal docker maintenance” can work together, since Tipi is based on docker technologies.