Yes, I realize how much hate I will get for this. I don’t give a shit. Seethe away, kids.

• Kusimulkku@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Give them a burner account

Someone steals your account

Gread idea OP. Real smart lol

• Chill Dude 69@lemmynsfw.comOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Someone steals your account

…and?

Who gives a shit? They’re going to get my 0 dollars worth of Playstation Bucks that I’m never going to put in there?

They’re going to play my other PSN games that I have on there? Except I don’t have a single one of those?

They’re going to fuck with my Helldivers 2 account? OH WAIT, THEY CAN’T DO THAT EITHER, BECAUSE THEY’D STILL ALSO NEED TO HAVE ACCESS TO MY STEAM ACCOUNT. The two accounts get linked. You still do all the game shit through Steam.

There is NO RISK, here. The only thing that could possibly happen would be someone spams my throwaway Protonmail account with nonsense spam. And I don’t care about that.

• Kusimulkku@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

Plenty of ways to fuck with you, getting the account banned, deleting it etc. Sorry friend but using a throwaway email for any accounts you actually use is a terrible idea.

You know what would solve this all? If there wasn’t a dumb requirement for a PS account. See why people are annoyed with it now?

• Chill Dude 69@lemmynsfw.comOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          2 months ago

using a throwaway email for any accounts you actually use

When I say “throwaway,” I don’t mean “I forgot about it, and I no longer have access to it, and I picked a really stupid name and password.”

I mean: “this is not the same email that I use to do my primary banking and contact my grandmother.”

I have two-factor authentication set up for everything that supports it. I just looked it up, and PSN supports it. Yes, that doesn’t mean it’s immune to being hacked, but my use of a “throwaway” email address doesn’t do ANYTHING to increase the odds of my account being hacked, for anything.

If you won’t admit that, I don’t care to discuss this with you, any further.

• Kusimulkku@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

That’s an even bigger pain in the ass than creating a throwaway account. At least throwaway would’ve been two second and forget it, now you’re having to create an actual account.

No thanks.