cross-posted from: https://lemmy.world/post/281237

(Feel free to remove this as off-topic, but this relates to the post about the r/Piracy poll regarding what content will be permitted upon reopening. The body of this post wouldn’t get the same reach as a comment on that post.)

Ahoy hearties! Here what I be thinkin’. Reddit be chargin’ tens of millions of doubloons for third-mates to access the API, aye? They be claimin’ to deserve a share of the booty for providin’ trainin’ data for AI (and obviously to kill competition with third-mate apps to boot).

Methinks if yee MUST chatter with those landlubbers (such as for the purpose of recruitin’ new mates or cussing out mutinous scabs), then yee ought to make any text data yee provide unappealing and unusable to potential AI-training-customers.

Paintings of (Sexy) Captain John Oliver will only sully the attention of the human users. But (pirate) coded language mayhaps be an obstruction for bots? For those who find pirate speak to be too much effort, an alternative be to speak “sdrawkcaB”.

I can no longer cast my bottled messages to Reddit’s shore, so any of you seadogs are free to pass it along.

• JonEFive@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Plot twist: The AI can detect pirate speak and uses these posts to write dialogue for a pirate character based on a prompt.

Can’t wait for the pirate bluebeard to speak about where his buried API is.

• Gatsby@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

As seeing as reddit admins forcibly removed the lead mod from r/piracy, aye she be a good honest fate for the bunch