• windchime@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

You’re welcome!

I was genuinely surprised to see the downvotes, especially when I can see the effort you’re putting into trying to promote activity and discussions here.

• inkican@kbin.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m not - community behavior is something I think very carefully about and these kinds of potentially-toxic behaviors (passive-aggressive downvotes, no attempt to follow Rules #2 and #3) are exactly why I didn’t enjoy /r/scifi.

• windchime@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

I’m not

I think you might have misunderstood my comment - I didn’t think you were the one doing the downvoting, I was expressing my surprise that others were downvoting you. Sorry if that wasn’t clear!

• windchime@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Oh! Yes, that makes sense. So I’m the one who misunderstood 🤦🏻

Sorry, @inkican 😔

See, this (along with perpetual anxiety over whether I’ve worded something the best way) is why I normally just lurk online… but I want to see this group, and Kbin/Lemmy more generally, succeed… so I’m trying to participate more!

• Chedawg@kbin.social
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

For what it’s worth from this internet stranger, I think you’re doing a great job of contributing! Misunderstandings are inevitable and it’s the calm conversation that followed and lack of subsequent flame war that hopefully is helping this differentiate from /r/scifi lol