• Skua@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

The Ukrainian government clearly reckons that famous people getting special treatment is worse

• Adanisi@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Is well-known Olympic athletes being blown up… good for morale?

• fuckingkangaroos@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Im not talking about this specific situation, I’m talking about Lemmy.ml and it’s constant bias and propaganda.

I want the fediverse to succeed, and I think that’s the biggest problem currently standing in it’s way. I don’t even tell anyone I use it yet because it’s too embarrassing.

• AeonFelis@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

I’m confused. I thought lemmy.ml was like lemmy.world and lemm.ee - one of these big “general purpose” instances that new users would pick if they don’t have a specific reason to pick a “specialized” instance? Since when they did become warring factions?

• barsoap@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              2 months ago

lemmy.ml is where all the tankies from lemmygrad.ml have their alts. It’s also run by the same people and their worldnews community is a joke moderation-wise, as in you can catch a ban for pointing something out the linked article itself states if it doesn’t vibe with the mod’s tankie narrative (say, that Ukraine isn’t claiming Russian territories it describes as “historically Ukrainian” for itself, it’s just calling them historically Ukrainian because that’s what they are).

lemm.ee OTOH has some rules tankies might occasionally run afoul of. Also our admin is Estonian, traditionally not a people particularly enamoured with Russian imperialism.

lemmy.ml once was a default instance, before the reddit exodus it was the only big one, but it seems users are draining off of it because, well, see above.

• Cavemanfreak@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              2 months ago

.ml is full of Marxist/Leninists, and while they are not as full on crazy tankies as most users from hexbear, they generally tend to skew that way. Not everyone, but there’s a theme.

• fuckingkangaroos@lemm.ee
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  2 months ago

It’s both of the .ml instances. IMHO the majority are not actual Marxist-Leninist/Communist, it’s just a facade they use to spread propaganda.

I have no problem with communists, but I hate lemmy.ml, lemmygrad.ml, and Hexbear for spreading authoritarian propaganda.

• Cavemanfreak@lemm.ee
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  2 months ago

It was indeed what I thought of. But from what mr kangaroo fucker says the point still stand.

• acargitz@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Never heard of a thing called a “celebrated war hero” and what it can do for the morale of ordinary conscripts?