link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Well, I know what to expect from the US government. The Automotive Companies are lobbying the government for the ban on Chinese competition from entering their market. on grounds of National security and sovereignty. starting by fearmongering, seeding the bias, hate, and negativity. The free market as long as it benefits US government interests.

• FenrirIII@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

But are they wrong? Has China proven that they can be trusted? Will the Chinese government stay out of the businesses and not try to access the data they collect?

The answer is a resounding “No!”

• 0nekoneko7@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

My argument was about the course of action the US government will try to take to safeguard US automakers. Everyone knows this, Chinese EV entry will slice their bottom line and disrupt the market for already established Automakers in the US. If the consumer gets a better and an affordable option they’ll go for it.

• 0nekoneko7@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            2 months ago
            1. We all use our vehicles for transportation. it’s check on that.
            2. Electric Vehicles are the future for a better environment. It checks on that.
            3. For safety automakers are ready for safety tests and improvements for certification. It checks on that too.

I think that’s good enough for me. I’m guessing you’re rich enough to go offroading every day in your Bronco or Hummer. Most people just use their vehicles to travel and work.

• 0nekoneko7@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

It’s a free market, you’re welcome to buy GMC and FORD. 💰 If you have that kind of money, go for Lambo or Maybach. 👍‍

• Squizzy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

As has been the way since its inception. Fruit company coups and prohibition to support lumer industries.