I’m pretty new to Portland still and would like to check out some U-pick farm spots. With so many options, which ones do you recommend? I want to go to Sauvie Island since I’ve never been, but I’m wondering if I should go elsewhere in case the places there are over-picked. I’m specifically looking at Pumpkin Patch, but I’m open to suggestions.

I would be willing to drive about an hour out in any direction since it would give me a chance to look at new places along the way. I’m also looking at Blooming Junction in Cornelius. The farthest west I’ve been so far is Beaverton.

Thank you!

• Shminkle@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Raspberries and strawberries are in full force at Columbia Farms at Sauvie, I was there yesterday.

I like Morning shade farm down in Canby as well, they have a huge variety of unique berries. I don’t know what’s ripe there at the moment, though, so you might want to check first.

Also I love the Gorge white house, might be too far for your preference but it has some amazing views of Mt. Hood and is super idyllic. Not the top of the list for variety and amount though.

Usually blueberries tend to follow strawberries but they seem to have been a bit slow this year. I expect some farms will have some in a week or so. Hope that helps!

• OrangeSlice@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I don’t think it’s quite prime season for berries yet, but mid July-mid August, I’ve been out to some of the farms near Scholls and had a good time. I believe Rowell Brothers was the main one I went to (it’s been a while), and their Facebook page has the most up to date info: https://www.facebook.com/RowellBrosBerryFarm

• OrangeSlice@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Hope you don’t take my word for it, the other poster says that raspberries are ready to go at least, but hope you have a good time however it works out!