• massivefailure@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Not forcing everyone to go to a big centralized city rather than spreading everything out will actually fix it. We started doing that long ago but recently have started listening to greedy real estate developers gentrifying cities and now EVERYONE GO TO CITY TO DO THING and people are now shocked, SHOCKED that traffic into and out of cities is out of control.

And love how other “solutions” are LOL MASS TRANSIT. Yep, going somewhere on a track that doesn’t go immediately to a certain place then having to get on a damn bus or in a taxi or a freaking Uber scam to actually get where they need to go which is not only ableist because it’s difficult for people with mobility issues to do that, but also problematic if you need to actually transport any decent amout/size of goods on said public transportation. Cars are the best at getting places and no amount of whining and bitching and complaining is going to change it.

• Ebber@lemmings.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

You think people advocating for mass transit want to remove all roads? Cause that’s a nice strawman you have there

• jol
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Try living in a place that isn’t a shithole and your face will fall so quick. Newsflash, car is the best option in a car centric system.

• massivefailure@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

You’re being ableist as well as having zero idea about how modern society works. Maybe if you lived somewhere that your entire commute wasn’t down the street to fetch a pail of water and/or had mobility issues where riding a bike or getting on some pain in the ass public transit system is difficult, you might understand why cars have a place in our society.

• jol
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

I’m not being ableist. Car centric cities are not more accessible. If most people used public transportation, this means less cars in the street, less need for huge parking lots, more space for accessible parking spaces, more funding for better and more accessible bus lines, etc. I don’t work down the street, but my commute is both confortable and 100% accessible if I needed it, all the way to my office desk. You’re so deep in your shit hole city mentality that you can’t even fathom that people have already solved these problems over and over again.

• massivefailure@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            5 months ago

You have no idea what “ableist” means, do you?

Imagine getting where you need to go without the ability to comfortably walk, ride, get on a bus/train, etc.

You’ve been so brainwashed by this pseudo-utopian “fuck cars” mentality that you can’t even fathom that your “solved problems” create problems for so many people and you just don’t fucking care. Let me ask you this: if you went somewhere without a car path and you needed to bring home something big and heavy or a lot of small things, how in the world are you going to do that without a car? Oh… wait. You can’t.

Stop blocking people out of your mind with common sense, logical opinions. You’re locked in your pseudo-correct mentality, just like vegans, or religious people. Wake up and realize the world is so much more complex than your oversimplified view of it.

• jol
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              5 months ago

Did you even read my comment? I literally pointed out that if most people’s used public transit, this would free up space to those that need cars. Just because some people need cars it doesn’t make sense to say fuck buses.

• GenosseFlosse@lemmy.nz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Could the problem be that all the money went into building roads and car centric cities, and no money was spent on making mass transit better or rethink on how urban sprawl might cause massive traffic problems?