~500 comments about our instance and admins in the past week. Talk about needing to touch some grass…

• the post of tom joad@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Oh. I saw a ton of hidden comments i could not view when i blocked .world (cuz of facebook, not the lovely commenters). I thought that was because i blocked the comm they were coming from.

• KairuByte@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          2 months ago

Sorry, to be clear I meant “block this instance” is a Lemmy feature, but “block users from a blocked instance” is likely client side. And to be clear, the web front ends are also clients. Many of them are non standard.

If you look at the description of the instance blocking, it says it doesn’t block users.

Didn’t mean to confuse things, I should have been more clear.

• the post of tom joad@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

Ah yes i see. I’m out of my depth when it comes to the tech side of how this all works clearly. I also admit my experience was just from a end-user perspective and not like, scientific. Youre saying i am incorrect in my belief that blocking instances blocks comments from that instance? If that is the case i will look back into blocking the instance itself because blocking the users was not my intent