Basically just the title said. The situation is basically I use a Domain-Specific Language called G’MIC, and to this day, I haven’t found a satisfactory answer to the issue of lack of syntax highlighting. At the moment, I am using KDE Kate as it’s pretty good at structuring the code with their find/replace feature, tab indicators, and multi-window support.

• empireOfLove@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Take a look at Sublime Text. It has pretty solid syntax support plus all the other things you need (tabs, structure, tab ind, multi windows) and I’m pretty sure can pretty easily have a custom highlight config written easily if you’re already comfortable with code.

• CoderKat@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I can second this. I wrote a syntax highlighter for a DSL in Sublime ages ago and all I remember is that it was easy.

That said, you can definitely do this in VS Code, too (just I haven’t personally tried it). IMO VS Code is the better editor.

• AProfessional@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

VSCode and Sublime use a TextMate-like format and can be converted between the two. I have made language support and recommend VSCode.