• ryven@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

How does GWM Barb/Rogue work? There are no weapons that have both the heavy and finesse properties. Is sneak attack not limited to finesse and ranged weapons in BG3?

Edit: Or is Rogue just for Cunning Action?

• pyrflie@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

You go Thief Rogue 3 for Athletics Expertise, Cunning Action, and Fast Hands.

The extra bonus action is super handy when paired with GWM, Reckless Attack, and Rage. Your first round is: pop Rage, run up and Reckless Attack, and hopefully you crit (happens ~2/3rds of the time, almost every time if Hasted) for the bonus action attack. Berzerker insures you have that BA attack every round, but you get one so often from GWM that I don’t really bother so I would actually recommend Wildheart or Wild Magic instead.

Not procing SA damage doesn’t even matter since the build generally puts out so much damage (80-160/round at lvl 8) that nothing in their vicinity really survives.

• ryven@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Oh I had no idea Fast Hands was good now! In tabletop it’s just “do things you don’t normally do in combat as a bonus action.”

• pyrflie@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Larian changed Fast Hands to “you can make an additional bonus action”, which makes it pretty insane.