• Son_of_dad@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Also the Texas Rangers have always been a gang of racist scum bags who have a history of atrocities. That tv show turned them into Heroes

• Son_of_dad@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Yeah the cute Chuck Norris jokes wore out years ago, probably around 2016 when he went full Maga

• Son_of_dad@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Conan O’Brien got the Chuck Norris fad started with a sketch he’d do where he’d interrupt boring interviews with a lever that would play clips of Walker Texas Ranger.

After that the internet ran away with it, but yeah it’s a meme as old as time

• Deceptichum@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            2 months ago

Conan started a segment where he played a clip from the show Walker. Completely unrelated to the line of jokes.

The “facts” Jokes came from Something Awful and was about Vin Diesel, it got changed to Walker later on.

• Son_of_dad@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              2 months ago

Yes, something awful writers are not surprisingly late night fans. They saw what Conan was doing with Walker, and they ran with it. Chuck Norris was already a forgotten nobody in 2005, it’s not like he just popped back into the lexicon out of nowhere. Conan reminded people of Chuck’s cheesy badass schtick, and after that the jokes rolled in. Vin diesel jokes were getting old so they replaced him with Chuck

• Seraph@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

It’s so very internet for Chuck to become the coolest meme for a hot minute and then everyone realizes what a POS he is. Kinda surprised to see more of it going around!

• chemical_cutthroat@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I’ve seen a lot of bad acting in my life. I have never seen anything that bad. Chucko is giving Seagal a run for his money, or is running for Seagal’s money. Maybe both. Either way, the trailer was offensive. I can’t imagine how much money it took to put the film together and how many children died of starvation that could have been fed instead of making that piece of shit.

• over_clox@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Damn. I didn’t even bother watching the trailer, I just looked it up for a reference link.

Is it even worth wasting my time to watch the trailer?

• chemical_cutthroat@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

It’s 50/50 for me.

A: I don’t want to give the algorithm any reason to promote the film to others that may be interested in the other things that I am.

B: It’s a train wreck. There is a morbid curiosity.

Weigh your options and make your choice. I’ll usually try to find a way to bootleg truly awful movies, but I won’t even bother with this one. It actually made me angry.

• niktemadur@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Too bad he turned out to be a maga-shithead. The meme lost every single last drop of potency.

• Shady_Shiroe@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Chuck Norris arrived at school to teach the teachers

EDIT: Ok I deserve that, seeing all the new comments made me realize there is more to the story of this guy, I only know him through the memes and didn’t even know why the memes were created.

• glimse@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

I’ve got a better one: Chuck Norris arrived at school and refused to listen in class because he’s a stupid creationist piece of shit with an ego