Is anyone currently self hosting an Anytype backup node? In case you don’t know, Anytype is a privacy focused, local first note app. Can be found in anytype.io. Their docs give informartion on how to self host. I only have a laptop, so I’m trying to create a node in a VirtualBox VM, using Vagrant to automate box creation and provision. Sorry if the post is messed up, first timer here.

• Painfinity@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Just wanted to chime in and give a +1 to Anytype. While I haven’t self-hosted the backup node and I can’t help you with that just yet, the fact that a free, P2P decentralized, end-to-end encrypted and source-available notes app like Anytype even exists is awesome!

I’d be curious to see if you manage to get the backup node up and running 👀

• badwolf@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I can’t configure everything yet, but my Vagrantfile can install and activate most of the dependecies on a Fedora Box from Bento (the Hashicorp, developer of Vagrant, builds those optimized system images). Activating Redis with RedisBloom plugin from boot is prooving tricky. After setting the dependencies, I need to configure Ansible and then export the node settings to be used in the app. It’ll take me some time. I’ll let you know.