New MacBook user here, M1 Airbook here with the latest MacOS. I have an SD Card from my old Android phone. I’m trying to transfer some stuff from there to my MacBook. I’m using a SD card adapter, the card is readable on my Windows machine. But when I plug it into my MacBook I get an error it is not readable. I think the card is exFat formatted, though Disk utility says FAT32, either way MacOS should be able to read it.

Attached screenshots of the errors and disk utility.

Any help is appreciated.

• walnutwalrus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

don’t they have a special file system APFS or Mac Extended or something? Does it need to have that to be readable?

• hawkmoonOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

APFS

I can a exFat USB drive just fine though.

• Eggyhead@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I have an android handheld gaming device. In the past, I had to use the official Android File Transfer app to access data from it, but that app is hot garbage and you’ll be lucky if it even runs. Instead, I started using OpenMTP, which is FOSS for Android file transfer to Mac. It’s still a bit finicky, though. For example, if you’re using Google Drive for Desktop on your Mac, you’ll need to close that first before your device can be read. I’ve also had to close Preview as well to get it to work in the past, but I’m not sure if that’s still an issue.

I’m not sure if OpenMTP would work for just an SD card, though. If you still have your old android device lying about, that would help.