I’m bored and want to practice my Rust skills. I am the creator of open-tv. If you have any idea for a linux desktop app, even if it seems quite complex, I will take it.

• Shertson@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Item1: I would love something along these lines. Honestly, I wish I could configure Thunderbird to be my journal and reference my to-do items programmatically from inside journal entries.

Similar to your wish for first class dark mode, I want light mode to also be first class. Too many apps lately have made dark mode default and the light mode is unusable.

• Captain Aggravated@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I’m starting to think, especially with high contrast and high brightness flat panels, having working light and dark modes are an accessibility feature. Apparently folks with bad astigmatism or some other such struggle with light text on a dark background? Me I’m just very light sensitive and a modern LED backlit monitor showing large areas of white is physically uncomfortable for me to look at.

• Shertson@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        26 days ago

I am one of those gifted folks that enjoy astigmatism. I have tried dark mode and dark themes many times over the years and it just doesn’t work for me. The screenshots are gorgeous tho!