What’s included

The August 2023 update includes bug fixes and improvements for Pixel users – see below for details.

Bluetooth

Fix for issue occasionally causing Bluetooth keyboards to not connect *[1]

User Interface

Fix for issue causing certain Live Wallpapers to display incorrectly in different device orientations *[2]

Fix for issue occasionally causing lock screen to not respond *[2]

Fix for issue occasionally causing home screen launcher search input to not register *[2]

Fix for issue occasionally causing flickering or glitches while in Hub Mode *[3]

Device Applicability

Fixes are available for all supported Pixel devices unless otherwise indicated below.

*[1] Included on Pixel Fold, Pixel Tablet only

*[2] Included on Pixel Fold only

*[3] Included on Pixel Tablet only

• tjp@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

They’ve been extremely hit-and-miss. My wife is still on her px5, and I upgraded from a px3 that I had loved to the original 6, which was atrocious in so many ways. I made the ostensibly lateral move to a galaxy s22 (a free trade-in at T-mobile) after just about 3 months and have been so much happier.

The 6 was absolutely not ready for prime time (bugs) when it launched, and that was a horrendously huge phone to be the smaller one in the line. Hopefully they’ve fixed that with the 7.

I do miss the appearance of that phone’s software. Samsung is definitely way behind on android theming.