• Catoblepas@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

The institute’s founder, Mark McAfee, told the Los Angeles Times this weekend that his customers are, in fact, specifically requesting raw milk from H5N1-infected cows. According to McAfee, his customers believe, without evidence, that directly drinking high levels of the avian influenza virus will give them immunity to the deadly pathogen.

Looks like it’s going to be a fun flu season this year 🫠 Every day I feel more justified in my decision to relentlessly mask with an N95 every time I’m indoors in public.

• Grass@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

didn’t cats already get the virus from drinking the raw milk? honestly at this point if only they wouldn’t end up infecting a bunch of other likely non-retarded individuals, I’d be inclined to just let them kill themselves with this and pass on beleiving that they proved their point. More realistically, they will probably spread it and kill a bunch of other people that way then still act like they have uncovered some great fucking secret, while somehow being the only survivors of the incident.