Ever seen someone doing their “unskilled job” all their life? It’s just fucking magic!

The truth is that capitalists hate skilled workers, because those workers have bargaining power. This is why they love the sort of automation which completely removes workers or thought from the equation, even if the ultimate solution is multiple times more expensive or less competent than before.

Nothing is more infuriating to a boss, than a worker that can talk back with experience.

• Revonult@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I agree that all jobs need some training, but I think the termology is the real enemy. Like yes a cashier needs training but is it comparable to what is considered “skilled labor/trades” like qualified electriction, plumbers, welders, engineers, etc?

I think everyone should make a living wage and think the terminology is definitely used to oppress and divide but whenever I see these arguments it really feels like people don’t see a distinction between the amout of work/time it takes to be competent in these jobs.

• db0@lemmy.dbzer0.comOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Yes, it’s absolutely comparable at the same years of experience in that role. Like every other job.