Any most have upgrades for a mostly stock Ender 3 running on a 8-bit board with an original bed? Changed out bed springs and tube already.

• CIA_chatbot@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Honestly, ( and I say this as the owner of 2 ender 3’s). Just upgrade the control board and the extruder, and maybe print out some stuff to make it look nice. You’ll spend more money upgrading it than it will cost to just buy a sovol 6 or 7 which is a much better machine with all the stuff you would end up adding to the ender anyways.

Between my two Enders, upgrading to direct drives with decent extruders, double z axis screws etc. I could have just bought a nicer machine. I also have an Ideaformer print mill and a bambu p1s and it’s well worth the money to jump to a better machine when you can

• Matrim@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

This is where I’m at. I’m very new to 3dprinting and I’ve really been happy with my ender3. I’ve been putting money aside and had plans for upgrading parts, but when I look at better machines, the price point is pretty close to the ender3 with upgrades.

• CIA_chatbot@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

And there’s nothing wrong with ender 3’s , besides creality’s quality control in the last few years. They are a good machine to start on. They print well once they are dialed in and force you to tweak and upgrade them, so you are kinda pulled into learning how things work.

It’s harder to justify them when you can get a decent prusa clone on AliExpress for 250-300 bucks though