The average ocean temperature around the world reached 70 degrees in 2023 – the highest ever.

• th3raid0r@tucson.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Dang it!

I have a business trip to Portland next week and I was looking forward to cooler temperatures than here in Tucson, but alas, it’ll only be 5-10 degrees cooler.

Gee thanks climate change!

• th3raid0r@tucson.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

Lived there for 7 years - I think I got it.

Step one, do not be in downtown, inner SE, inner NE, Gateway, or anywhere near a Max line or bus station after dark. Step two, carry mace and a stun gun. Step three, leave Portland for good and only return if I must << We are here.

We got a lot of hate from certain left leaning folks in Portland for leaving “because of the homeless”. It’s like, "No, dude, I’m leaving because my wife was assaulted by homeless no less than 3 times (twice physically, once was almost a rape), and that’s even when she was “safely on TriMet. You can ‘but not ALL homeless’ all you want. My wife is traumatized and we want nothing to do with this shithole of a city”.

Yeah, after the 3rd one we left, and we can say with certainty that we’ll never ever come back to live in PDX.

• Pistcow@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Seattle native used to the homeless shenanigans, but Portland is a whole other level. Stay on the waterfront often, and it just gets worse each year.

• CommodoreSixtyFour_
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I don’t really get what you are trying to say. Do I read it as “There is nothing special about it” or as “This is a severe problem”?