I’ve been playing through all the numbered games and its been great. I could write an essay or two on any of them. In general I’m only including base games and no expansions or DLC so it wouldn’t be a huge undertaking to beat 11, but I’m trying to see if it’s worth it from others who have done the marathon.

I was already a XIV player before I started this so that base game has been covered for awhile now.

• Stovetop@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I have been in the process of doing the marathon slowly but surely over the past year and a half.

I play XIV when I can and I enjoy it, but hardly have time for one MMO, much less a second one. I decided that trying to do XI was too big an ask, so I opted to replace it with Tactics (the PSP War of the Lions version specifically).

Tactics is a much-praised game that, despite not being numbered, is considered part of Final Fantasy’s core identity (and comes up a lot in XIV), and it provides a nice tie-in to 12, both being Ivalice games, so I thought it worked well.

The only difficult part is that there is no PC port of Tactics. I had to emulate it. Though I do know that there are iOS/Android ports of it which may work better for some.