• qevlarr@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

It’s because of our past and now Israel can do no wrong and anyone who even hints at Israel doing a genocide is an antisemitic Nazi sympathizer. The media and politics bias is extreme

• febra@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

I’m part jewish myself. My great grandmother was killed by the nazis during the Holocaust. Yet Germans are trying to gaslight people like me for speaking about the fact that Palestinians are humans and should be treated as such. All of the German talk about “Erinnerungskultur” (memory culture) makes me want to puke. It feels very performative and void of any substance.

• febra@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

Did you just repost the comment I already replied to and the mods removed? Are you a bot?

• febra@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 month ago

So the guy you just linked as a historian (one historian, not historians) is an ex AfD (extremist right wing party) politician.

Has he published any books on Israel Palestine or why would whatever he says be worth a dime?

On another note, I find it hilarious that he uses the example of illegal israeli settlers getting attacked by the local population after driving through the West Bank, which last time I checked was definitely NOT in Israel and absolutely no one welcomed them there. Now I wonder, what were these Israelis doing there in illegally occupied territories? And he uses that as an example to justify his racist ideology that every single Palestinian would “stab an israeli in the back if they had the chance”. The german delusions at their best.

• febra@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 month ago

You literally copy pasted the comment that was removed by the mods by that other user. Go look at the reply I left there if you want an answer. I don’t know if you’re a bot or not, but this is the exact comment that was left here already, with the exact same grammatical mistakes.

• febra@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              1 month ago

If the international law is so clear cut then Israel would’ve left the territories it occupies illegally under international law. They’ve been invading, occupying and settling for decades. That is illegal and has been declared as such by the UN. Israel actively goes against international law. So get off your high horse there.

But look, at least the people out of your German bubble, the people around the world, can see how delusional the German society really is. You’re boiling in your own delusions. A fever dream, a parallel reality that even Israel allies do not share with you. Not even America. It’s going to be a hard wakeup call when these delusions come crumbling down around you.

• rottingleaf@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

Yes, it’s funny, I grew up listening to my clueless mother about how Germany has repented and Nazi stuff isn’t tolerated because they understand the weight and all that nonsense.

I’m part Jewish. Reading EDIT: (accidental press) some of the stuff on the interwebs from Germans make me wish they were more like Japan FFS.

• febra@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Germans love to pat themselves on the back while telling themselves that. But it’s just performative. It has no substance, no value. Their nazi grandpas were still working for the government after the war. Some of them were even ministers. Some of them were big generals in the German army during and after the war. At the same time Germany is cracking down on the “bad jews” that do not fit their rabid colonialist ideology. Oh, where have I seen that before? Separating the bad jews from the good ones.