https://www.thegamer.com/hi-im-an-idiot-whos-mad-about-everything-in-video-games-except-the-layoffs-assassins-creed-shadows-stellar-blade-xbox/

With thousands of people in the video game industry losing their jobs - including developers who made successful games - I think my energy is best spent elsewhere. Namely, making an endless series of 90-minute-long videos in which I call every new popular piece of media “woke” unless it features Gina Carano looking straight into the camera and saying slurs. And see? That’s a woman, so you can’t even call me sexist because I can name at least one.

• Adkml [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Turns out when you have a diaper filling meltdown anytime somebody does something not rigidly conforming to every other video game historically you make creativity prohibitively unprofitable and the people making ciokie cutter cash grabs just lean more and more into capitalism.

And now you have the 18th copy of a game costing $120 but the thing people are getting upset about is a historically accurate minority being included.