link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Almost 40% of South Dakotans have not critically evaluated Noem

FTFY. I refuse to believe that 40% of anyone would see what she did as justified. The only reason you would is if you want to kill dogs yourself, you don’t know what really happened, or you don’t understand why it’s bad and are giving her the benefit of the doubt.

• chatokun@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I think some rural people do things a lot of non rural people don’t understand or identify with. Also, I worked with someone who had an adamant position that animals didn’t have souls, so punishing people for animal abuse made no sense. When we brought up that animal abuse is a potential indicator for abuse of humans as sell, he said they should be consequence free until they hurt a human. He was also a “but if you don’t worship God what’s to stop you from doing bad things?” type.

• Ibaudia@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

That just tells me that she is a psychopath who is only held back from killing humans by the fact that God might punish her for it. As an atheist, I don’t kill humans because I don’t want to. It would be extremely emotionally scarring for me. Apparently for her, it’s just a matter of “God would hurt me if I did”.