It’s always in a joking manner… but not really? Just like “yeah you gotta pop em once or twice so they’ll know”. Idk shits weird

• copymyjalopy@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I’ve had a conversation or two that went like that. Weird strangers telling me I should be kicking my kids ass. And they say it in front of my kids too.

• Wooki@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

If you’ve got parents around you telling you your kids are floating turds I’d have a good hard look at how you’re parenting. Or hey if everyone around you is insane maybe it’s just everyone is insane…

• baconisaveg@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Nothing wrong with a spanking, unless you ask the pussies raising kids with zero respect these days.

• cynar@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Corporal punishment breeds fear, not respect.

What does is loving, present, interested parents, combined with consistent, logical rules, with consistent consequences.

Spanking will work in the short term, at the cost of significant damage to their adult psyche. It’s insidious, hard to fix later. When the foundations of trust are shattered, everything else following is built of a bed of sand.

• baconisaveg@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

That must be why entire generations of people were ruined. Thank god this generation figured it out!

• Metz@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

That would get you 6 months to 10 years in jail in germany. its a crime to hit you kids here. righfully so.

• Wooki@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

Its abuse rightfully so, but hot dam Germany has some serious problems of its own now. Glass houses and stones.