• theprogressivist @lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

You motherfuckers haven’t done shit about Jared Kushner recieving 2 billions from the Saudis. When the fuck is that happening?

• disguy_ovahea@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

They need to find an action by Kushner, while in position, that directly benefited the Saudis before they can charge him. We all know of the compensation, so I’m assuming they haven’t found the “quid” in the quid pro quo yet.

• nilloc
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

It’s probably all those missing top secret files. But Trumps judge is never gonna let that see the light of day.

• theprogressivist @lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

Even without the “quid” he was the former Senior Advisor who accepted foreign cash. That should scream red flags alone.

• disguy_ovahea@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 month ago

It already has. Accepting money after leaving office is not a crime on its own. I’m not saying he’s innocent, just that they need proof of a crime to charge him.

• anticolonialist@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

With a built in exception for AIPAC. This is nothing but some and mirrors, if Democrats were serious they would have used the Emoluments Clause when they tried to impeach him

• nilloc
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

No, their “news” outlets just don’t cover it. They keep busy with fear lingering about anti-woke, cancel cultures, and Chinese immigrants in the Darian gap.

• Feathercrown@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

Yeah, every once in a while I’m reminded that even the generally good side does shitty things. I want to be excited to vote for people, not be required to do it to prevent an apocalypse. This sucks.

• ObliviousEnlightenment@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Ban gifts and job offers too. In fact, let’s make force any and all politicians to live on nothing but a pension forever, remove any incentive for corrupt people to be there