• TheFriar@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

What the fuck is the fascination with this guy eating himself to death? Who watches it? Why do they watch it? He seems popular enough to be a pretty damn big YouTuber. But it seems really…gross and upsetting.

• Lad@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

His channel is disturbing. Look at the oldest vid on his channel vs the newest. It’s fucked up

• TheFriar@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Oh yeah, I’ve seen pictures of him when he first started. It’s—I’m sorry—disgusting and sad. I don’t mean that in like an “overweight people are gross and sad” kind of way. I literally mean that him doing all of this for goddamn YouTube views (and yes, probably an assload of money) while being overtly gross is just pathetic and weird.

• Riven@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

It isn’t even just him. Mukbangs or however they’re spelled are huge on social media. I don’t get it, I love food and watch street food videos often as background but I don’t understand wanting to watch someone else eat insane amounts of food. At least with street food videos you’re only watching as someone prepares some good looking food, and for me, I use it to get new recipes or ideas for stuff to cook.