I’ve noticed an issue where any posts that use a redgifs backed image don’t show correctly and just have an “unknown” icon. If I click on the “view externally” link in Voyager it’ll take me to the webpage that displays it correctly. I don’t know if this is because Voyager has an issue displaying it, or the instance customized their UI to display it.

• Taiatari@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

The weird thing is it does load at times. I remember seeing the post and it was like yours in picture. Then some time later it was loading properly just as intended. There is something funny going on here tho.

• ramble81@lemmynsfw.comOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Yeah clicking the link works fine and it brings the video up right away. It’s just viewing it in the app

• Erasmus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Interesting, so I tried looking at some of these on the app and am getting a black screen too.

If I click on the source (copy the link) and go to a browser it opens fine.

Am using iOS - and running it thru a VPN. I tried clearing the cache, making sure I had the latest update, etc. it still gives me a black screen. Don’t think it is just OP.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Nope. I realize that could be a potential reason, but if I click on the link button below the image it launches in a safari browser and shows just fine. That leads me to believe its app related and not regional.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

I did the one that was “Settings > General > Clear Cache”. I’m on iOS if there’s another option you can think of.

• Toes♀@ani.social
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

Sounds like a bug if that didn’t help.

Maybe try logging off the app and back on. Just a guess