• kitonthenet@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I use kagi, all that money I saved from not paying for cable (streaming) lol

Yeah nebula rules, (practical engineering legaleagle minute physics etc) I’m procrastinating dropping Apple TV for it but I figure as soon as I do I’ll be happy I did, YouTube isn’t so good anymore either. The other good one imo is dropout tv, it’s comedy and dnd type stuff with some surprisingly big names imo

The through line is that now figuring out streaming services is cheap enough that smaller companies can do it, so buying a streaming thing from a company the creators actually work for is a better business model for both viewers and creators than YouTube or other streaming platforms

• Corkyskog@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

so buying a streaming thing from a company the creators actually work for is a better business model for both viewers and creators than YouTube or other streaming platforms

Sounds like a Uoptian paradise. I just assumed there wouldn’t be enough content for it ever to be worth it.

• kitonthenet@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Things sure are dire when healthy competition feels utopian ;)

whether it’s worth it is up to you I think, personally it’s worth it to me but it’s certainly possible that it’s not for others, and that’s ok! but the options exist, they’re out there