I’m starting my degoogling journey (mostly looking into the various options at hand) and I was wondering what hood alternatives to Goohle Photos is there? I’m specifically wondering about a service that would double both as a cloud storage and a gallery with a timeline and such. But currently it’s only cloud storage backup (or Instagtam-likes, which is bot something I want) as far as I can tell?

• th3dogcow@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Probably no better than google privacy wise etc but Amazon photos covers all of your bases, and is included as part of the prime subscription. So if you are a prime member you may already have a “free” alternative. There is no storage limit for regular photos either.

It’s actually the reason I became a prime member here in Japan, because just for the photo storage it was much cheaper than other cloud options like apple etc.

• illi@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I saw this but not feeling much better about having it stored on Amazon. Good tip though!

• Tippon@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Amazon Photos daily memories is terrible though. With Google Photos, I get photos, slideshows, and others every day, usually with photos from several years. On Amazon Photos, I’m lucky if I get half a dozen plain photos in a day, usually from the same set.