This is what Trump looks like when a real judge and an actual patriot is on his case and not playing his game.

Her Honor is a credit and a relief to anyone truly concerned with justice.

• LollerCorleone@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

This is why the rule against editorialising headlines before posting exists. What you have written is not what it says in the article.

• Unaware7013@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Trump doesn’t have to show up, and all the judge did was suggest a hearing between today and Friday, dipshits lawyers said ‘how about next week?’, and she said ‘friday it is’.

Stick to the facts

• southsamurai@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I think you missed the last part of the article. “The requirement of defendant’s appearance is waived for this hearing.”

That’s the opposite of the title here. His attorney has to appear, but the co-counsel that is going to be in another court won’t be there.

• sparseMatrix@kbin.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

@downpunxx

I’ve not editorialized the headline, nor have I modified it’s original text. What I have done, is added an introductory comment. That you don’t care for the content of my comment is just not a ‘me’ problem.

• Nougat@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

You have presented it as though The Independent said “Federal Judge in Trump case says, No, bring your ass to Court on Friday like I said,” which they did not. The title of the post is not “an introductory comment.”

• MonsterHighStan@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I mean, the article’s actual headline is “DC judge rejects Trump team’s delay attempt and schedules protective order hearing”

• CMLVI@artemis.camp
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

When I post the same link, it suggests the same title as the article has; “DC judge rejects Trump team’s delay attempt and schedules protective order hearing”. You had to type that title on your own, adding your take on the rejection, evidenced by Trump not having to bring “his ass” to court, as the judge specifically waived his appearance for this proceeding. So it’s wrong.

That’s literally “editorialized”.

• teft@startrek.website
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

His lawyers need to show, not him. The last line of the article states as such.

She did how ever reject two dates in the future that trumps team proposed saying that they should be there Friday.

• Nougat@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Setting aside the inflammatory title –

I am glad to see evidence that Chutkan is doing “find out” to the defense team’s “fuck around.” This leads me to have more confidence that she’ll issue a protective order (something which I understand is amazingly common, and normally agreed to at arraignment). I still have concerns about what (if any) consequences will be issued to the defendant when he violates that order. I am hoping that those consequences will be spelled out in Friday’s hearing on the matter.