More than a thousand Harvard students walked out of their commencement ceremony yesterday to support 13 undergraduates who were barred from graduating after they participated in the Gaza solidarity encampment in Harvard Yard.

Asmer Safi, one of the 13 pro-Palestinian student protesters barred from graduating, says that while his future has been thrown into uncertainty while he is on probation, he has no regrets about standing up for Palestinian rights.

• SulaymanF@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Not related to the article, and anyway if Biden wanted my vote he should actually try to earn it rather than bash his opponent.

• rusticus@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      30 days ago

lol how dense do you have to be to not realize Biden is the most progressive president in the last 50 years. Progressive enough? Of course not. But the most progressive in your lifetime. Good luck cutting your nose off to spite your face lol.

• SulaymanF@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        30 days ago

Yes he has green policies. Doesn’t change the fact that he actively insulted the Arab and Muslim-American communities and broke campaign promises. He’s completely ignored both of our communities this time around, and instead of saying any positive stuff he did it seems all his campaign attempts to our community are about how bad Trump is. So to reiterate, if he wants MY vote he will have to actually address my community at some point, otherwise he is treating the campaign as if he can win without me and thus doesn’t need my swing state vote.

• SulaymanF@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Your article gives examples like he cancelled Trump’s plan to repaint Air Force One. That affects me how?

Let me save you time. He made campaign promises to the Muslim community and broke multiple ones, then stayed silent for years despite rising Islamophobia and instead focused his administration only on anti-semitism. (Both are terrible but he ignored our community despite our equal fears) He then decided to make it worse by saying he has zero trust for Palestinians, only to privately say he meant Hamas but never corrected the record. So he helped murder relatives of people in my community, and the only outreach to us is saying Trump would be worse. This is supposed to motivate a community that 80% voted for him last time? He’s not a good person and if he loses it’s his own fault.

• rusticus@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 month ago

Executive order 13769. If you’re happy with Trump being worse then by all means, vote for Trump. You deserve him.

• SulaymanF@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

And once again rather than show me something positive about Biden you again talk about how bad Trump was. You proved my point.