More than a thousand Harvard students walked out of their commencement ceremony yesterday to support 13 undergraduates who were barred from graduating after they participated in the Gaza solidarity encampment in Harvard Yard.

Asmer Safi, one of the 13 pro-Palestinian student protesters barred from graduating, says that while his future has been thrown into uncertainty while he is on probation, he has no regrets about standing up for Palestinian rights.

• AhismaMiasma@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

Unlike some paying lip service about “red lines”, my promises are real. My red line is genocide.

You can vote for your varying levels of evil, I will not vote for genocide.

• decivex@yiffit.net
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Personally I think it’s probably best for Americans to vote Biden, since that will give the left some more time to organize, but I get that it’s just too much for some to swallow. I’m just glad I have actual options in my country.

• Crikeste@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

It’s America, you don’t get the choice to vote against genocide.

Just like you don’t get the choice to vote against capitalism.

Democracy.

• gamermanh@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

It’s America, you don’t get the choice to vote against genocide

If yout live in a swing state, maybe. Those of us in solid states can vote however we like as our votes don’t matter anyway

Great system we have

• decivex@yiffit.net
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

That’s not what I was asking about, what did you hope to accomplish? Are you actually trying to convince people or did you just think you’d feel better if you did?