I’d like to take my RSS feeds from an aggregator of news to a curated selection of interesting things. Interesting newsletters and blogs are where I think RSS shines, but I struggle to find this content.

What do you do to find these kinds of RSS feeds?

• amitten@normalcity.lifeOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

My question was not to ask for you to find something that’s interesting to me. My question was to ask how do you personally go about finding interesting (to you) RSS feeds. Tools or methods was what I was looking for. For example, see @redshift@lemmy.ml and their reply to this post.

• noodlejetski@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I usually find that adding a website/blog that I visit frequently (i.e. find interesting) to my RSS reader works pretty well.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

The idea of my question is to ask how one goes about this discovery of finding these interesting blogs.

• noodlejetski@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

usually once you get into a hobby or a field that’s interesting for you, you’ll just stumble upon them. either someone from a community will recommend a website directly, or you’ll notice that people link to a particular website often when discussing things, or it gets mentioned in a Youtube video about the topic, or it’ll simply pop up in your search results. you can find bunch of interesting stuff by, well, being interested in stuff.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

This is obvious and not at all in the spirit of what I’m asking. Again, some helpful users here have provided some tools that sort specifically blogs by category so that I can quickly find one that aligns with my interests.

Of course we all stumble upon things organically–that’s great and that’s how every normal person finds some great things. I was looking for some help beyond the obvious.