What are people’s thoughts on how Reddit is coming out of this so far? How bad have things been for Reddit? Do we know how much their traffic has dropped and would a drip in traffic even hurry them that much. Why don’t we see talk of a new blackout at the end of the month?

• MentalEdge@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

This. I don’t think the exodus has peaked yet. Nothing really changed to make people turn away, those of us who already found our way here, did so in anticipation of change. But that’s not how people work, most people will only seek an alternative AFTER their default way of doing something has been taken from them.

The biggest wave is yet to come. (fediverse nodes plz no crash)

• Thorny_Thicket@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I know atleast one redditor who still uses it via RIF but is waiting for the 30th and is not sure what to do then and has expressed interest towards Lemmy when I’ve told about it.

• Obi@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yeah I’m also using RiF still. The current developments of the “protests” are super juicy so I’m enjoying that while it lasts. Come July my Reddit use is likely going to plummet drastically.

• MentalEdge@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

Also still getting my last rounds of content theft in on reddit via Relay. I have thousands of folders of saved stuff that I can dig into for content to post. The in-dev Artemis mobile app for lemmy looks slick af, if your friend needs convincing.