• BigFig@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    29 days ago

I think you’re not getting it. At this exact time, end of May 2024, you have 2 options. Continued status quo under Biden, or condemn your freedoms to a most certain end at worst or severe disruption at best under Trump. Trump wants blood, if not by his own personal hands then at the hands of his people.

A third party at this exact moment, May 2024, 4 months from election is a non starter. If a third party wanted to be taken seriously then they should have started 3 fucking years ago and promoted a candidate that doesn’t A) have fucking brain worms or support dumb shit conspiracies, or B) blather AntiVax shit after so many deaths we JUST had due to these mother fuckers.

So you have 2 choices. Make yours.

And if you’re just gonna sit on the sidelines and not vote then don’t join in on the conversations we adults who have to grapple with the grim realities of this late stage capitalist nightmare are trying to have, because this shit is real, its a dire situation, and you must make a choice or you are just as useless as a Republican.

Edit: To people who know me on here, no I don’t usually talk like this but man I’m just fucking tired of having this both sides convo.

• Omgpwnies@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      30 days ago

At this point, it’s even more difficult than that. You can have an amazingly popular candidate that is a shoe-in for the POTUS vote… and they will be absolutely ineffective without the massive political machine that is the DNC/RNC backing them up. It’s not just the house and senate seats, it’s state government, municipal government, etc that also need representation by your new party. Tens of thousands of people need to be elected in positions in all levels before a new party gains enough political clout to even think about operating collectively at the national level.

Not to mention the fact that the judicial branch will still be packed with lifers with loyalties to the two incumbent parties.

• anticolonialist@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      30 days ago

YOU have 2 choices because that’s what theyve given you to offer the illusion of choice. Shit candidate or shit candidate.

Your preferred candidate has helped us reach the late state capitalism we are in. The only useless people are the ones supporting the same candidates that created the mess we are in but expecting different results