hariette@tech.lgbt - #kbin + #lemmy app is coming along. Here’s a preview of the upcoming beta. This is less than a week’s worth of work,  so it’s only up from here 😉

Based on polls, looks like Artemis is winning for the name. Which is a great tribute to #ApolloApp 🙏

Stalk my work and suggest ideas in the app’s Discord server (link in bio).

#kmoon #kbinapp #ios #android #Threadiverse

• Ivyymmy@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

More clients is always cool, I hope Infinity for Reddit dev makes a port to Lemmy. I’m surprised that being FOSS there is still no community port or a fork or nobody has mentioned it yet (or at least I am not aware of it).

• bdonvr@thelemmy.club
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Well that’s three apps for Lemmy on iOS with two being directly inspired by Apollo

Choice is great and all but at this small scale feels like unnecessary replication of work

• ono@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It doesn’t bother me at all. Alternatives mean more chances to find something that fits my needs.

• EvilColeslaw@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Artemis is going to be cross platform I’m pretty sure. Which is good. On Android, Jerboa is okay but still kinda rough.

• Pankakke@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

While there are a few apps for Lemmy now, afaik this is the only app currently for Kbin users. More competition in the space will only make all of the apps better in my opinion.

• jinno@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

There’s an open need - and a winner isn’t really determined yet. Let’s see how it plays out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• DoucheAsaurus@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Since when is more choice a bad thing?Especially now when we’re at the beginning of everything blowing up in popularity. Im going to try all the apps and decide which UI I like using most, just like I did with RiF, relay, sync, etc. The more developers the fediverse attracts the better imo.

• DoucheAsaurus@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Collaboration is great but you wouldn’t tell a solo musician to just join a band because they make similar music. I look forward to checking out everyone’s take on their app ideas.

• Baldur Nil@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

As a programmer myself, collaborating on projects can often be more complex than simply “adding features.” It’s not uncommon to encounter challenges such as mismatched preferences in technologies, differing architectural choices, or even divergent design aesthetics that can dampen interest. Besides that, the original creator may not even appreciate the proposed changes and could reject them.

• priapus@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It’d be nice to have a Kbin app on android. I signed up for a lemmy instance because none existed and I didn’t like using the web interface on mobile.

• ottk3OP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Ok, sharing mastodon posts isn’t as easy as I thought 😅

• Emi@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I have been testing both !memmy@lemmy.ml and !mlemapp@lemmy.ml and both still have some bugs to work out, but they are progressing quickly. Memmy for instance had 2 updates just today, with another option with in the way of Artemis it is looking like we will have some, if not plenty of choice.

• k110111@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Nice! If I may, can i add a feature request? Can you also add a way to hide seen posts? But the app looks awesome so far, its exciting how quickly this platforms are growing.

• MentalEdge@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

This is already a feature in lemmy itself. You go to user settings, and uncheck “show read posts”. Works in Jerboa.

• Lalop@toast.ooo
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Sorry I misread the comment I replied to. I’m using that feature you mention and it’s quite useful. What I actually miss is being able to hide a post without reading it. I used that feature a lot in RIF.

• ottk3OP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m not related with the project. Just wanted to share that information that popped up in my timeline.

• dwraf_of_ignorance@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

@ottk3 Yeah, it looks cool but I was infinity user and loved it. I tried almost all reddit client(Rif, Sync, boost, Joey, Slide, Relay, and so on)but nothing could beat infinity. And the iOS apps were not that good either(that was probably cause i was using iPhone 5s). And it would probably be easier to do infinity clone as it is open source.

• ottk3OP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Haven’t seen much about this project nor if it will be open-source. But it looks at least promising and I really loved Apollo in the past.

I think any good alternative client that can use the current momentum of kbin/lemmy is good.

Even more since Jerboa is afaik developed by one of the two main devs of lemmy and they will probably/hopefully focus more on the core development and I doubt that they can maintain an additional mobile app at the same time.

• jinno@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah, I really want to try to carve out some time and try to build something more similar to my favorite 3rd party app (Narwhal). Choice is definitely key here.