• Saledovil@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    30 days ago

What about the guy who’s space yacht you stole. Was he another player or an NPC? If he was another player, will he have to buy a new space yacht for real money?

• lukewarmtuna@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      30 days ago

No not at all, it’ll be available again after a cooldown period of up to like 45 minutes depending on ship size. Meant to simulate insurance buying you a new ship etc etc

• Rev3rze@feddit.nl
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          30 days ago

Last I played (couple weeks ago) insurance didn’t cost anything. At some point it’ll cost in game credits but right now there’s no insurance premium. You can spend some credits to expidite the return timer if you can spare it.

• Alk@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      30 days ago

It was a player. They can insurance claim it and be back in it before I was even done scrapping it most likely. Or they might have been able to track it down and attack me to get it back, and I wouldn’t have been able to defend myself in the scrapping ship which is basically a big space barge not made for combat, which would have been cool as hell.

• lwe@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      30 days ago

Depending on what ship it was the other player will have to wait quite a bit for it to be available again. Anything stored on said shipped was lost to the pirates of course.

Also anything bought with real money can’t really be lost. That would be illegal in so many countries.