Hello all I just started running Linux Mint and I’m trying to install LibreWolf. I ran the commands I was told on the website but it fails every time am I doing something wrong? And how do I fix it thanks!

• Asudox@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

Librewolf seems great but imo don’t use it. It’s just pre-configured stock firefox for privacy. The exact same thing can be made possible with arkenfox’s user.js. I fail to see a reason to use it just for some changed settings.

• www-gem@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

LibreWolf is indeed based on the hardened Firefox arkenfox user.js so you get its benefits which means a privacy-focused browser but Librewolf also comes with more settings pre-adjusted, telemetry removed, useless features removed…

I’ve played with Firefox settings for years before Librewolf was created and it saves me so much time, ensure my browser stays up to date and functional, and is able to perform fingerprints test way better than any other many web browsers I’ve tried.

• OhYeah@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

That’s exactly the reason I use it. I like firefox but wish it was more secure/private out of the box which is exactly what librewolf is. Saves me time