Baldur’s Gate 3’s huge launch has reignited the age-old debate about save scumming.

• Jorgelino328@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I try to think of it in terms of how it would go at a D&D session.

For example, if i roll perception well, seeing a tile is trapped, and tell the DM i avoid it, he’s not going to have some NPC trigger it because i forgot to tell them to stop following me, so i feel justified in reloading a save in that case.

• 50gp@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I wish lockpicking would take this approach when your bonuses are high and skip the roll

• JackbyDev@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I’m the first area with Withers I didn’t fully understand traps. I saw one and we avoided it then I turned off turn based mode. What I didn’t notice was the fireball traps on the walls. It was extremely confusing but hilarious watching it unfold. It wasn’t too big of a deal but I totally get what you mean. Even apart from that it’s annoying how they don’t just avoid ones other people saw.

• CaptFeather@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Lmao I often forget to unlock my party when dealing with traps only to have Shadowheart haphazardly wander right into the painfully obvious tripwire as the trap dice check is loading

• Meowoem@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Yeah, absolutely reloading after I click on a barrel to search but it’s not that kind of barrel so my character smashes it and explodes us all.