• quinkin@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I am neither a botanist nor a theologist but in my experience mustard seeds are relatively large and mustard plants are relatively small.

• AnAnonymous@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

In the Bible, mustard seeds are mentioned in parables that illustrate spiritual lessons. Here are some relevant verses:

1. Matthew 13:31-32 (KJV):

• Jesus said: “The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.”
      2. Luke 13:18-19 (KJV):

• Jesus also compared the kingdom of God to a mustard seed: “It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.”

These parables highlight how something small can grow and have a significant impact, symbolizing faith and spiritual growth. The mustard seed grows into a sturdy tree, providing shelter for the birds, just as our faith can grow and bear fruit in our lives. 🌱🌿

It was about the heaven and not about faith, AI generated reply BTW.

• quinkin@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

AI generated reply BTW.

I’ll get an AI to read your response just to keep things balanced.