I’ll start, people I talk on Discord with know more of my music preference than IRL people I meet with, because rejection sensitivity i guess

• AstralPath@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    26 days ago

Our first release isn’t as progressive as the unreleased stuff I have but its still pretty cool. I’m still proud of it after 8 years. Its on streaming sites if you rather stream there. Hope you enjoy it :)

FYI, first track intro is long lol as was the style at the time.

https://astralpath.bandcamp.com/album/an-oath-to-the-void

If you like dark folk, check out Ulvesang. Ana played bass on the Astral Path record.

• echindod@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      25 days ago

This album, An Oath to the Void is fucking amazing! I really like it. This is awesome, and I’m still a sucker for those long intros. Bring 'em back I say! This is definitely going into the cart for the next bandcamp friday.

Any chance you will re-release any physical media? (and I am eagerly looking forward to any new music!)

• AstralPath@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        25 days ago

Dang I’m super stoked that you like it! Thanks for giving it a shot. :)

I’m not sure about another run of physical media at the moment. I suppose it would all hinge on whether or not I can finalize another EP or album for release.

I’ve got four tracks mostly complete save for lyrics and vocals which is turning out to be the hardest part. The first album’s themes have glimmers of hope and most of the new material shares a similar atmosphere to the first release since a lot was written shortly after the first album, but the world has changed a lot since 2015 and my current state of mind is making it hard to write fitting lyrics. I guess you could say the misanthropy is creeping in.

I actually just found a sealed copy of the album in storage. If you’d like it, send me a DM (that’s a thing on Lemmy, right?) and I’ll get it shipped to you if you’re willing to cover shipping.