I was watching Anime for a long time already, picked up a manga here and there but I didn’t really enjoy them. It felt like there was so little story and I could finish one in under an hour. So I gave up on Manga.

I watched So I’m a Spider, So What?/ Kumo desu ga, nani ka? when it started airing and it hooked me instantly. Her character. The world. The comedy. Everything. (Except the humans…).

Once it was over, I wanted more. And since everyone kept saying the Light Novel is way better, especially the human side, I bought the first 3 volumes.

It was amazing. I binge read them until I had to wait for the English releases. Right now I’m waiting for vol. 16 to be available again so I can finish this series.

• TaMan Thanawat@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I’m new to the light novels, my first LN was The World’s Finest Assassin’ after watching the anime on Netflix. I think it’s fun to read and I like the most part of it, but I just dropped it because I don’t like its kind of harem. Then I can’t stop, I read Tearmoon Empire, Ascendance of a Bookworm, those two are so good, Sasaki and peeps is also fun to read. Now I’m reading Konosuba on V.15, the next after I finish this story would be Secrets of the Silent Witch.

One thing I noticed after I started reading LN is that I kind of don’t enjoy anime adaptations from LN source anymore 😐.

• Enma Ai@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

It’s definitely hard watching an anime adapted from a LN you read.

Classroom of the elite was painful, atleast the first season didn’t watch any further.

So I’m a Spider was painful too, not as much because Kumos side was decently well done.