The fact that you get a full OS for free, customizable and no crappy forced in features that you don’t want is amazing.

I can stress enough that my experience with Linux has been resoundingly positive, it’s almost like that finnish bill gates guy made a golden goose of an OS.

Ever since I upgraded my WiFi to pcie and moved to Fedora, it has been nothing but smooth sailing.

• AMD GPU just works, no fussing about, get straight to fragging on Xonotic and Counter Strike

•Customize Fedora to my liking, made it more like windows with the extensions provided

• What’s this? A software app store? Swell! I no longer need to download stuff off from dodgy sites or numbingly installing everything manually!

• The mascot of Linux? 10/10 and penguins are one of my 2nd favourite animals

How was your experience with this Unix-like wonder? In a home user manner and/or a business use manner?

Let me know!

• ABeeinSpace@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    26 days ago

I started on Ubuntu if I recall correctly, then made the jump to Fedora at some point. I think Manjaro was in there too? That was my first exposure to KDE Plasma

At some point I installed Arch in a VM and then I was hooked. These days I daily drive Arch with Hyprland (apps and whatnot provided by Plasma)